Tuesday, September 6, 2011

After three weeks of Kindergarten....

I have reached the following conclusions:
  • My night owl habits must come to an end...no more blogging and photoshopping at 1am.
  • I am a borderline "helicopter" mom. (for those who may not know...the education/parenting term used to describe parents who "hover" over their children...NOT a good thing. )
  • Parents really do trust teachers!! I guess we don't have a choice, but now I understand why the 6th grade parents looked more anxious than the kids.
  • While Dylan loves having my attention, he misses his big sis and best friend. It's no coincidence that his imaginary pet spider, aptly named "Pider", surfaced on Eva's second day of Kindergarten. Thankfully, Pider wears his seat belt and is very well behaved in public.
  • It's amazing how many stores are open at 8am. (Having the grocery shopping done by 9am is wonderful!)
  • no matter how early I wake up, I will never get everything done.
and lastly
  • Kindergarten should be Mon-Thurs 7:50-12:50. I mean do they really need two recesses, lunch, snack, rest time, etc, etc?? (like I said...helicopter mom)
11pm, time to turn in

No comments:

Post a Comment