Okay, so maybe not "hobnobbing", but we did meet Fergie of Black Eyed Peas, and Keith literally bumped into Taboo (the American Indian member of the group) at the hotel brunch. I've always been thankful for having a husband who loves to research our vacation destinations down to the most minute detail, but when he told me we were staying at an Historic Hilton in downtown Oklahoma City I didn't think that meant the Black Eyed Peas would also be staying there. (Of course, we were hoping we would run into any member of U2.) Although Fergie doesn't look it in the photo she was very polite, as was Taboo. I was already bummed that Will-I-Am passed us in the lobby and we didn't get a photo. So when Fergie made her way through the lobby and out to the van where the rest of the group was waiting, I made Keith take a pic. As he was firing away with our paparazzi camera, she walked over to us, very politely shook our hands and asked if he could "at least take my picture where the sun isn't in my eyes". Then she struck her pose...and the wind blew my hair and I closed my eyes. Go figure. This photo would be deleted if Fergie wasn't in it!


Long story short...we had a very nice weekend getaway, enjoyed sleeping in, eating leisurely, and seeing U2 and Black Eyed Peas in concert. That was the longest I've ever been away from my kids (I know, I need to get out more), and now I know they are fine without me, and I am capable of being away without worrying too much. Keith's goal is to eventually take a week-long vacation...but that's a while off for now. :) The only thing that would've made the trip better is if Keith had met Bono or The Edge. Maybe another time.





No comments:
Post a Comment