Thursday, September 24, 2009

From the mouths of Babes


While I'm thinking about it....wanted to write a few funny things the kids have said (or in Dylan's case, the funny things he's doing...he is talking a little more every day though....he's coming around ;)

Eva today at dinner: "Dylan, you have to drink all your milk, see (gulp, gulp) I have to drink it all gone so my bones and teeth won't crack up! Wait, there's still more. (gulp, ah) There. Now my bones and teeth won't crack up."

Keith and I frequently call the kids our little monkeys, to which Eva always says she is not a monkey. Today, guess she wanted to make sure that I understand:
"Dylan is a monkey because he likes bananas. I do NOT like bananas, so I am NOT a monkey."


Eva's little shadow, aka, little brother Dylan: last week Dylan started copying EVERYTHING that Eva does. I do mean everything. Has advantages at times, like when Eva is cleaning up, or sits quietly at dinner. Other times, not so good...Eva doesn't like her food, Dylan pushes his plate away. (and you all know how much he loves his food!:P) Eva falls down. Dylan falls down. Yesterday, took the kids on a nature walk, and every time Eva stopped to look at something on the ground, Dylan stops to look at something on the ground even though he doesn't even know what he's looking at!



The gorilla: Dylan has a stuffed animal gorilla that he likes to cuddle and carry around. Keith and I were telling him to give the gorilla a kiss. So, he walks over to Keith and plants a big smooch on his lips!


We must live in a computer generated world, when a three year old "air-mouse clicks" her choices. No joke. When I asked her what kind of sandwich: "hmm, soy butter (holds out left hand) or peanut butter (holds out right hand)".....points finger to left hand and says in robotic voice "click-soy butter".


No comments:

Post a Comment