
We can't believe our baby girl is five years old and will soon be in kindergarten! Why does the time have to pass so quickly?! After a rough winter with more trips to the doctor than I'd like to count (partly due to her thumbsucking habit, which we're working on), we're illness free for two months and, fingers crossed, have her asthma triggers under control. Now if we could get some meat on her bones! High energy + above average height + healthy and SLOW eater= bottom 5% tile in weight. Her doctor instructed us to feed her whole milk, pediasure, extra butter, peanut butter and cheese for three months. Wish I had could be on that diet! ;)
Even when sick, she is still the cheerful, thoughtful, and energetic little girl that entered our world five years ago. In January, when she had a 104 fever for two days, I said I wish I could take her place. She replies "No, mommy. I don't want you to be sick." Just melts my heart! I believe she has a bit of my dad in her...always putting others before herself.
Eva loves drawing, reading and writing in her journals, riding her bike, acting out princess adventures, and of course singing/"composing", and dancing. I look forward to her new songs everyday. She reminds me of my sister Julie when she was her age, making up songs about mundane routines like grocery shopping or cleaning her room. They are truly kindred spirits. Maybe someday Eva will sing in weddings and musicals like her Aunt Jules! We are just so proud of our 'baby girl'! Happy Birthday Eva Marie!




No comments:
Post a Comment