
Dylan loved his first day at Son Shine School! Whew! As you can see in the photos he was actually excited this morning! We visited his classroom yesterday to get acquainted and his lip started quivering when he thought I was leaving him. So the rest of the day we really talked up the 'big boy' aspect of it. Last night, he was excited to pack his lunch and get his giant backpack ready just like Sissy, but I was unsure how he would react when it was actually time for me to leave. I was prepared to pry him from my legs... but to my pleasant surprise he was fine. A little shy, but overall I felt pretty good when I drove off. I didn't get the same report from him as I do from Eva, but he did tell me he had fun except for naptime. He even wants to return tomorrow, but he'll have to spend the day with mommy instead. Hope he's not too disappointed.
Eva was so excited to have her brother at school with her. She was a little hyper when I dropped her off at class. Turns out she was 'energetic' all day and also got her first 'yellow' (warning) for screaming in class. She and her little girlfriends can get pretty loud. Eva vows to never get a 'yellow' again. We shall see.
In case you're wondering....mommy was fine. I of course missed my babies and at first didn't know what to do with all my time. Then I remembered all the unfinished projects I have laying around. It's amazing what can be accomplished without interruptions!. :) It's so bittersweet-watching my babies grow up into confident and independent individuals. Sniff-Sniff.




2 comments:
Jennifer~
Your kids are adorable. From reading your entries, it seems like Miss Eva may be a little actress/dancer someday. Free time??? Well, let's just say that a part of me is a little jealous. Maybe next year......
Would love to come visit sometime. My girls can be a little wild, so they may be too overwhelming for Dylan!!!!! :o)
Stephanie, I actually felt a little guilty about my 'free time'. We're very blessed to have found a program with a one day option for Dylan.
We'd love to have you visit! Once Dylan warms up, he'll be chasing and tackling like he does Eva!
Post a Comment