Saturday, July 24, 2010

Karma?

I'm sure I'm being paid back for any time I caused my parents grief....just had to document the most embarrassing moment as a parent thus far. Took Eva to the doctor for an asthma consult (that's another story). The only appt available with the specialist was during Dylan's regular nap. We all know how much Dylan likes his sleep. But, I'm optimistic and pray that he can last and the visit is quick. -NO SUCH LUCK- We waited over 30 minutes in the exam room, and after reading every book twice, coloring, playing I spy and talking to Mickey and Ariel on the phone, they'd had enough. When the doctor walked in, you'd think my children were raised by monkeys! Eva starts laughing and jumping up and down...and naturally, Dylan follows suit. Then out of no where, Dylan throws his toy phone across the room. Dylan was put in time out -twice. While on the exam table, Eva who is wearing a dress without shorts underneath, pulls up her dress and kicks her legs in the air. Then the kids start fighting over a pack of gum that Dylan found while rummaging through my purse behind my back. All the while, the doctor was so patient. I'm sure she thinks I need Supernanny to visit my house. I of course comment that it's naptime and that's why my kids are literally bouncing off the walls. (so now I'm making excuses for my child's behavior). Finally, we're done and I try to hightail it out of there, but Dylan has a meltdown at the water fountain because he didn't get to push the button first. We leave with Eva crying because she didn't get a sticker and Dylan kicking and screaming about who knows what. Thankfully, they both took 2 1/2 hr naps when we got home, so I guess they really were tired...or it's payback. Surely, I was never that 'bad'. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment