Monday, February 8, 2010

Rhyme time

One of Eva's new favorite games is 'rhyme time' where she thinks of a word and we take turns coming up with a rhyming word. Comes in handy at the grocery store when I'm only halfway through my shopping and she's already asking if we're done. Eva picked up rhyming really well and figured out that when she can't think of a rhyme from the top of her head, she can just change the consonant. Sometimes they're actual words and sometimes not. And then sometimes....they're words that, well, shock you...especially when your four year old says them so innocently (and proudly). Last night we're on a roll with rocks, fox, socks, etc. Then she starts a new one: door. I say floor. Then before I had time to think, she blurts loudly, (do you know where this is headed)....'whore!'. I about died! Keith thought it was hilarious (i admit it was shockingly funny) We just played it off and asked her to start a new rhyme. Wouldn't you know the next word she wanted to rhyme with was '(t)REX'! I suggested we rhyme with 'chair' instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment